What do I need to do if I am travelling?
Everyone has individual needs regarding travel, and it would be valuable to contact your Haemophilia Treatment Centre a few months before departure to plan ahead.
Do you have more questions about travel?
- Talk to your Haemophilia Treatment Centre beforehand if you are travelling interstate or overseas. They can help you prepare depending on your individual situation. They can also advise on documentation, medication and travel insurance
- Discuss with your Haemophilia Treatment Centre if you need to take treatment with you
- You may not need them, but just in case, find out the contact details of Haemophilia Treatment Centres along your route
- You will need to obtain travel insurance for overseas travel
- Consider telling your travelling companions what to do to help you in case of an emergency
- With airplane and overseas travel you may need further documentation to carry medication and treatment equipment through security and customs – talk to your Haemophilia Centre about this well in advance and allow plenty of time to prepare the documentation.
Click here for some comprehensive Travel Tips from Australian Haemophilia Treatment Centres
Useful travel web sites:
Smarttraveller – Australian Government. Dept of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Australian Haemophilia Treatment Centres
World Federation of Hemophilia Global Treatment Centre Directory
Australians Overseas - Australian Government. Dept of Human Services
Date last reviewed: 15 February 2022