2015 Gold Coast Conference
24 Sep, 2015
The 17th Australian & New Zealand Conference on Haemophilia and Related Bleeding Disorders was held at the QT Hotel, Gold Coast 1-3 October 2015. The theme for the conference was “Facing the Future Together”.
The conference brought together people with bleeding disorders and their families and carers, as well as health professionals, policy makers and industry.It was a great opportunity to learn more about care and treatment in Australia and New Zealand, and around the world, and to plan for the future.
The program had topics and issues to interest everyone including the following and more:
- Living well with bleeding disorders
- Best practice treatment and care and how this is measured and monitored
- Supply and safety of treatment products, including long acting clotting factors
- Family planning
- Youth matters
- Helping children live with a bleeding disorder
- Improving your joints
- Women’s health and bleeding issues
- Understanding von Willebrand disorder
- Managing pain
- Hepatitis C treatment and care – including new treatments
- Living well with HIV
- The global bleeding disorders picture
The program included people living with bleeding disorders as experts as well as health professionals and others presenting from different perspectives.
Congratulations to the HFA team for providing an excellent conference at a wonderful venue!
« Back To Events